Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,984 Posts
When you make the faceframe for the cabinet you just make the bottom rail wider with the scallop on it. It doesn't show in the picture since it is painted but the verticle piece on the end goes all the way to the floor and the part with the scallop is the horizontal part. It may look nice but you might think about keeping the floor clean with that in the way. I don't even like the stiles going all the way to the floor.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Steve I like the look. It has that New England feel to it. I see your point though about trying to keep clean in that area. Looking at redoing my kitchen and also have someone else kitchen to look at. Thanks for the info

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Both of those pictures depict cabinets with inset doors, and a face frame. The scalloped piece on the bottom is the bottom rail to the face frame, and the stiles to the face frame are a continuation to the floor as a mate to the rails.

This particular design could be done as a loose toe kick, and having the top edge of the toe kick protrude slightly from the bottom of the face frame. Or, the toe kick could be recessed from the leading edge of the face frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts