Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,581 Posts
Before you ask a question like that you need to tell where you are. There are many of us here that have their own businesses and make cabinet doors but wouldn't want to get involved with shipping doors across the country.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hi guys. I'm looking for a company to outsource my door building to. Can you recommend any good ones?

We have used several different companies in the past on occasions when we simply had too much work and not enough time to do the cabinets AND the doors in the timeframe we had to work with...

I generally HATE outsourcing ANY of OUR cabinet work to others because that means less work for me but sometimes we have NO CHOICE as the job must be completed by a particular time.

I would say that of all the different companies we have used for doors in the past Walzcraft is by far the best out there. Their stuff is ALWAYS packaged perfectly, the doors are ALWAYS ready to finish (no need to sand or do any 'touchups') right out of the box, And we have ALWAYS got exctly what we ordered from them - They have NEVER sent us one that they did wrong or one that was the incorrect size...

Walzcraft is not what I would call 'cheap' by any stretch of the imagination but you GET what you pay for. Perfection... :thumbsup:

They are out of Wisconsin and they have a website ond online ordering. Google will take you right to them... :smile:

This last time around we went with a different company to 'try' and save money on the doors... I will not be mentioning the name of that company here but the difference in quality was VERY noticeable. First thing I noticed when unboxing the doors was that the backs looked like crap. They all 'needed' to have putty added to the nailholes and all 'needed' to be resanded afterwards on the backs... (Walzcraft doors are perfect on BOTH sides when you get them) As I continued to go through them I noticed one that obviously got hung up in the middle of a wide belt sander (Timesaver type machine I am guessing) for some reason. Door had a large dip in the middle of the raised panel from the drum sander they used that HAD to be resanded before it could be finished... There were several other issues as well (it was a LOT of doors) that 'required' fixing before they could be finished... We might have saved a few bucks on the initial purchase of these doors but spent the same in the end after all the 'repairs' were done to get them ready to be finished. :yes:

Walzcraft makes 'perfection' and most all of the other companies we have used make 'factory type' doors...

Our customers won't settle for 'factory' type garbage and I personally won't let 'garbage' leave our shop. :no: The 'factory' type doors get repaired as needed before finishing so that the customer is getting what they paid for in the end... :yes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found a company pretty close to me. I am located in New Orleans, they are in Laurel, Mississippi. There name is Morgan Brothers. Highly recommended by a friend of mine in the same business. Spoke on the phone with them this morning. They sound very capable. I am going to give them a run on my upcoming project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.