Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for rare woods like apple wood pear wood or rare woods like it . I would like to know if anyone knows where could someone find such type of woods an is there a place on the internet to buy them. These types of wood are hard to find but would be interesting to work with an see how they are to work with. If anyone has any ideas or info please post.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I did a Google search for "apple lumber" and came up with a few places. I assume you are looking for small pieces? I have seen it on Ebay. I have not worked with pear wood, but have messed with most of the other fruitwoods. Apple is a very pretty and hard wood, tight grained. I found some curly apple (small pieces in a firewood pile) and turned a few pens with it, cool wood. I like the unusual too, good luck. I mentioned Ebay so I checked, there is some curly apple boards for sale there right now. (Just for clarification, the Ebay wood is in central Illinois, but it is not me selling it)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about apple wood

Daren thank have you ever made a samll table out of this wood or a box. I was thinking of maybe a small end table or a jewlery box just depends on how much i can get. But i will say that apple wood looks cool i want to exsperiment with some different an unuseal wood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts