Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my own kitchen cabinets, but I want to buy the doors.

The doors will be maple. Upper cabinets will have 6-lite openings so I can install glass into it. The lower cabinets will be raised panel doors or drawers (both large and small).

Has anyone dealt with the online places? You just enter the info and it gives you prices.

I actually prefer to deal with local places in case there are any problems. Are the local places generally reasonably competitive in prices? I am willing to spend a little more at a local place. I am talking a lot of doors and drawers.

Steve

·
Registered
404 Posts
Which company are you talking about that you just enter the info? I'd stay away from the one that sells the rta cabinets. Get a sample door from any you choose. I've never ordered them that way, but have replaced ones that were. Some are very reputable like waltz craft. Where are you located?

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
Many if not most cabinet shops buy doors now days. Like mentioned some places might not be reputable and without knowing what place your talking about there is no way to give advice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would find a local place, and check out their doors and finishes. If they are local, you can get problems solved if any. You won't have to worry about damage in shipment.

+1
I would only add to make sure they manufacture the doors there, otherwise they may simply order door for you from their normal supplier and mark them up. Back in my cabinet shop days if I needed to order doors I went with Kendor or less often Walzcraft.

·
Registered
356 Posts
cabinet doors

Ive ordered from cabinetdoorshop.com before and have always been pleased with their doors, from cost, to grain and color match, to construction. Their based out of Arkansas and are pretty fast. Keystone wood specialites is probably the best Ive ever seen. They are a little higher than most but they make a great door.

Jason

·
Registered
404 Posts
I see your in Lockport. If you'd like I can give you a sq.ft price. I'm only a few hours north of there. And can probably get them delivered free to victor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts