Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7,222 Posts
Find the specific model number so you can look up the replacement blades.

Delta parts have been a problem since Delta was sold about 2 years ago, still not back to normal distribution of parts. Many people have had part orders cancelled.

If you are lucky this takes a popular blade which fits other brands.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Located in evansville Indiana. There is one like that listed also I believe. I hate being new to something. :). Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I believe that to be a 22-540, the first one Delta sold....and the first one I owned. It's a good enough planer, with a little snipe problem. There should be 2 tables, one for each side that goes with it, and a knife setting jig. It should also have a chute on the back (mounted just above where the boards exit) to deflect the chips as they are thrown from the planer.....you really want that, unless it has the optional DC chute because it also covers the knives. That jig is a piece of junk, but better than nothing. Mine ran mine for about 6 years before I got another one...I sold it (with 2 sets of new knives) around 2002 for $150. Not saying what the price should be; just what I sold mine for. Because of it's age, parts (including knives) might be hard to come by. The factory knives are double edged resharpenable ones. it has a small cogged belt that drives everything; check it for missing teeth and cracks. I wound up buying a set of Planer Pals (knife holding jigs) for resetting the knives just to make life a little easier (sold with planer). That said, I always thought it was a fairly solid little machine and mine never had any problems. Just remember it is an older one, with none of the bells and whistles the later models have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts