Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey acowboy,
That came out great and looks every bit as good as the one that we saw on ebay. I like how your tote came out, very nice, is it oil? I'm making mine out of an old No.5 that is broken in half at the mouth. I bought it for parts thinking there's no way to do anything but to part this one out......then looking on ebay I saw the "butt plane/glue scraper" plane :eek: and the wheels started turning! :laughing: I've got my shape ground out and most of my parts cleaned up. My tote was broken but I can come up with something. I think today is going to be warm so I may get to fuss with it some more. Here's a picture of my base:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well, I hurried up the iron, chip breaker and lever cap and just hit them on the wheel. They really need evaporust or electrolysis first and then hit with the wheel. All my parts are from the Stanley except the tote.

I don't know for sure about the link but I know I have the picture!

·
Registered
364 Posts
That does look sweet, kind of nice when you think a piece is ready for the scrap pile turns out to be a user. Kind of a wide chisel with a adjustable frame.:thumbsup:
Thank You, it was fun doing this. When I bought the plane for parts I never expected it to turn into a glue scraper but have used it already as one. The only down side is I still need some parts....:laughing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts