Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I sawed up one of the 2 Western Big Leaf Maple burl logs that I brought back from Oregon this summer. I sawed the smaller one and got a really nice mantle for the new fireplace we're going to have when we do the addition in the spring. The rest is all burl caps for turning. Here's some before and after pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Frank,

Good ta see ya....You know I'll be out at symposium time...I believe the end of July. :yes: :yes: :yes:

How'd the logging go????

Where's the pictures....:laughing: :laughing:

If ya look in my gallery there's some shots of the shorter one after I cut the mantle out of it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The logging is about a third of the way completed. The area I called the Prune Orchard Stand (on both sides of the road) is still in need of being yarded, There are about 5 loads (4,200 ft. per load) yet to be felled in that area, due to size that the feller buncher could not get around. We saved the Springs area for being touched. All in all some of the saving area will be tested today. We have had about 4" of rain in the past few days and the wind has been moving kind of fast the last few hours. It will be interesting to see what is still standing in a little while, after the sun gets a bit higher.

You sure got some interesting pitures in your gallery. some of them sure look familiar, for some reason.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somebody has to post pictures from that side of the country.........

Is it true the Left Coast has a ban on digital cameras...?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
Somebody has to post pictures from that side of the country.........

Is it true the Left Coast has a ban on digital cameras...?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Boy Frank you just can't get away from that reputation can you. I don't know why. :shifty:

Burl I don't think it is illegal to buya digital camera in Oregon but I hear it is punishable by death if you are caught using it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You would think a respected school teacher (retired?) with a world of former students to teach him a little new technology, would jump right in....after all, he can use the smiley faces well....:laughing:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you all for the compliments. I sure appreciate them. The thought that my reputation continues and moving rapidly is great.:yes:

As far as the picture business is concerned, I have a very good digi camera and I can take pictures, quite well. That is where it all ends. I have to leave the remainder to my wife to post and that there is a massive challenge.:cursing:

By the way, is there a page someplace on how to post pictures on this site?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Posting pictures here is a breeze Frank.....

Just give it a try.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh..The symposium is the end of June not July like I told ya.....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not really sure it would do any good.

You can lead a horse to water.......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to see that you kept your head above water Frank....:huh: :huh:

Have you guy's had enough rain yet??????

You probably floated the last few logs off the farm....:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts