Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Splinters
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I rarely ever build anything by plans.... Makes for a lot of firewood sometimes. But here is a couple of photos of what I made for my grand daughters room...oh, as with most things I make, it's pine. Usually because its all i can afford. Went to Home Depot and found some Ridata Pine (not sure that's the correct spelling.). They were just 4 footers 12 inches wide and looked better than premium #1 pine. At 5 dollars a board, I bought all 22 pieces they had. That's what the bureau is made from.... One day I'd love to get my hands on some nice ambrosia maple or cherry. I'd love to try and make something with that stuff....maybe one day.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
You did that pine good. I wish the pine around me looked like that maybe I'd use it.

Reactions: Pauley

·
Splinters
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paarker said:
You did that pine good. I wish the pine around me looked like that maybe I'd use it.
I just wish that Home Depot would carry it all the time. I only found it once and haven't seen any since...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow. Great job. I normally hate pine furniture, but you've done an excellent job.

Just a heads up though, HD wood is generally over priced, you might be able to get decent hard wood from a mill / lumber yard for comparable prices. Also, if there's any local sawyers in the area, they can sell for cheaper due to low overhead costs. I think you can contact woodmiser and see who has a band mill in your area. Just a thought, because I think your work is great and could only be enhanced by decent wood!

·
Splinters
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MidKnight said:
Wow. Great job. I normally hate pine furniture, but you've done an excellent job.

Just a heads up though, HD wood is generally over priced, you might be able to get decent hard wood from a mill / lumber yard for comparable prices. Also, if there's any local sawyers in the area, they can sell for cheaper due to low overhead costs. I think you can contact woodmiser and see who has a band mill in your area. Just a thought, because I think your work is great and could only be enhanced by decent wood!
Wow! Thanks so much for the very kind words. I never built anything like this before and I was kind of happy with how it turned out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts