Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Woodworking gurus!

I just finished my first table top ever. I'm no professional, so I decided to seek help from anyone that might have an idea, or know how I can attach my table top to the legs. I don't want to drill holes on the table at all, I want to keep it blemish free on top. Here are some pics of the base and table.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton

Wood-Blue stain Pine (recycled)
legs- 2 steel doohickies from a welding school (recycled)
finish-Super glaze
steel flat bars- Recycled

(table top is not attached to legs yet, just sitting on top)

I also have pictures of the whole process when building it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The table boards look thick enough to screw the legs on, using the two holes that go in the direction of the long length of the table. Lag screws should work. The other two holes should have a slot/groove cut in the table to allow the wood to move without causing crackes between the table top boards. You can probably search "How to attach a table top" on the forums here or on Youtube.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions.

The base looks sturdy enough. I agree with the above comment about using the two holes in the center to fix the top, and using the side holes to allow for movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts