Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
In History is the Future
6,422 Posts
Woodthis said:
My, aren't you clever! Like I said, follow your own advice. Try to help people and leave the smart remarks for the pool hall.
... If you are offended by animal killing, cooking and enjoying people you will not like it here. Fortunately, you will not be missed. Oh, and once again... see below.

~tom ...it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt...

·
Registered
746 Posts
I enjoy it here very much, yet I found that slingshot launcher to be truly horrifying - like sick to my stomach. Squirrels are a pest, but I won't torment them or take advantage of their lack of intelligence for my own amusement. If people want to eat them, that's between them and their state legislators - squirrels have been game animals for a long long time.

To the original poster, sorry no one here wants to encourage them and I agree with that sentiment myself. Civilization encrouches on the animal kindom all the time, the solution isn't to put them up in man-made structures - it's to set aside land for them so they can live as they should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Firemedic

:thumbsup:Thank you for replying to my message. This is only my second time on here, and I couldn'''t get over some of the rude comments some persons made. i think it is important for any animal we feel to be special like the squirrels we feed to have a nice place to stay warm in the winter when the wind and the cold snow blows. I had a previous squirrel house that my husband had made for me which was very nice; but it got destroyed by strong winter winds. i wish I had a pic. of it to share with you! It was dk. green with a roof and shingles attached to the roof. and for the entrance part of it for the squirrel; he cut out a med. round circle, using a circular saw. anyhow, keep the ideas coming! Sincerely, catmama362 (Kathy).:smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Squirrel house project.

:thumbsup:Thank you for replying to my message. This is only my second time on here, and I couldn'''t get over some of the rude comments some persons made. i think it is important for any animal we feel to be special like the squirrels we feed to have a nice place to stay warm in the winter when the wind and the cold snow blows. I had a previous squirrel house that my husband had made for me which was very nice; but it got destroyed by strong winter winds. i wish I had a pic. of it to share with you! It was dk. green with a roof and shingles attached to the roof. and for the entrance part of it for the squirrel; he cut out a med. round circle, using a circular saw. anyhow, keep the ideas coming! Sincerely, catmama362 (Kathy).:smile:
Hi Kathy. Nice to meet you. I agree on both issues.
We put up a bird feeder last March. All year, most of the same birds and squirrels showed up everyday. Now I feel like they are our pets. Two of the squirrels (we named Miss Suzie, and Secret Squirrel, lol) hang out in the pinetree on the side of our house, but it's a bit nippy outside right now and I feel sorry for them. There aren't very many limbs on the tree since Hurricane Charley hit it. This website http://www.squirrelhouse.com is the one that had the house with a balcony. I thought we would attempt to make this one. http://www.squirrelhouse.com/enter/photo/2001/54.jpg

Good idea putting shingles on it. I think we'll try that too. We have to wait till next week though. I'll post pics if we accomplish our goal.
Sincerely, Laura

I was wondering if squirrels liked pumpkin seeds. Now I know. Thanks for the photo Bikeshooter.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.