Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
ummm, more tractor pics please... i'm sure bill will like the green and yellow ones!

you may want to save some of those steel beams, make nice overheads for trolley/chain hoists to work on tractors, btdt!

·
Wishing he had a title...
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
FINALLY the ditcher came back to the rental place but it was broken. They got it repaired and I grabbed it.

Nothing like trying to cut ditches through woods! Between the roots and the rocks I took a beating even though I was riding.

20210701_092917.jpg

Terribly hot and humid but I did finally get a 'new' waterline installed. There was an existing line but there was a restriction somewhere in it, no volume of water. Rather than try to find it I decided while I had the ditcher to just put in a new one and be done with it.

20210701_131442.jpg

This line will supply the house as well as the shop and various spigots around the property.

20210703_103157.jpg

I finally found the old septic tank and tied into it.

20210703_091516.jpg

More ditches. This is the line to run conduit from the from the shop.

Not very exciting part of building a shop but and essential part. Hopefully we will move to pouring some concrete soon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just looking at the photos, have not looked at this in a long time and realized that either:
* I am just a glutton for punishment
* I have no common sense.

Just realized how many BIG projects I take on that most people would run away from. Restroing boat. Cleaning up the wreck of a properly. Restoring all my crappy looking WW machines.

Must be a screw loose somewhere!
lol Jeff you and I must have the same screws loose. I've spent two years in my "new" home and my plan for a woodworking space is still a repair-and-restoration of-tools space. I can now actually pull out the wheeled table saw and get to the other bigger power tools, but most of them are still in not-quite-workable state. The table saw still needs some more work, too.
I've discovered EvapoRust! That's speeding things up quite a bit, but I'm thinking my woodworking hobby may just become a tool restoration hobby.

·
Super Moderator
5,220 Posts
FINALLY the ditcher came back to the rental place but it was broken. They got it repaired and I grabbed it.

Nothing like trying to cut ditches through woods! Between the roots and the rocks I took a beating even though I was riding.

View attachment 428979

Terribly hot and humid but I did finally get a 'new' waterline installed. There was an existing line but there was a restriction somewhere in it, no volume of water. Rather than try to find it I decided while I had the ditcher to just put in a new one and be done with it.

View attachment 428981

This line will supply the house as well as the shop and various spigots around the property.

View attachment 428983

I finally found the old septic tank and tied into it.

View attachment 428984

More ditches. This is the line to run conduit from the from the shop.

Not very exciting part of building a shop but and essential part. Hopefully we will move to pouring some concrete soon.
Looking good, you should try ditching with a walk behind, now that machine WILL beat you to death. lol Might want to keep concrete and heavy trucks off the lines, been there and done that. You probably are way ahead of that. I love planning and building. Now if price of lumber will just go down.

·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Rain, rain, rain. I have decided climate change is real and Alabama has decided to identify as a Rain Forest!

Making some progress but with the rain I decided to start working on getting the existing shop ready to move. What a job that will be!!

I started clearing out some scrap wood, boxes and other misc stuff I didn't want to move and could burn. This was just stuff I picked up laying around on the the benches, proped against the wall, etc. First Load one of MANY before this is over. Really dreading sorting through my cutoff bin. But I am going to be ruthless culling it.

Looking around I realized just how much stuff I have to move.

I need to go through all the cabinets. Go through all my liquids and see how much I can get rid of. Plus there are 2-3 big stacks of Chris Craft parts that have to CAREFULLY sorted. boxed and moved and not lost!

My two thrown together gantry cranes will have to be disassembled because they will not fit out the door.
Then there is the plywood rack and all the plywood against the wall. The Boats engine and more interior parts stacked on top of it.

I am fairly organized in the shop. Most things have a space but moving is going to be a MAJOR undertaking.

·
Super Moderator
5,220 Posts
Rain, rain, rain. I have decided climate change is real and Alabama has decided to identify as a Rain Forest!

Making some progress but with the rain I decided to start working on getting the existing shop ready to move. What a job that will be!!

I started clearing out some scrap wood, boxes and other misc stuff I didn't want to move and could burn. This was just stuff I picked up laying around on the the benches, proped against the wall, etc. First Load one of MANY before this is over. Really dreading sorting through my cutoff bin. But I am going to be ruthless culling it.

Looking around I realized just how much stuff I have to move.

I need to go through all the cabinets. Go through all my liquids and see how much I can get rid of. Plus there are 2-3 big stacks of Chris Craft parts that have to CAREFULLY sorted. boxed and moved and not lost!

My two thrown together gantry cranes will have to be disassembled because they will not fit out the door.
Then there is the plywood rack and all the plywood against the wall. The Boats engine and more interior parts stacked on top of it.

I am fairly organized in the shop. Most things have a space but moving is going to be a MAJOR undertaking.
I don't envy you, that is going to take some major energy and time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can't wait to see the Chris Craft. Oops sorry, I guess I'm jumping into the future. Looks like your making progress.

·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
21 - 30 of 30 Posts