Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a new router table and I want to make a realy nice one. I learned from my old router table that I need a better router than my craftsman router and I need a better fence. I need some ideas on a good design.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Well i'm just starting my design work for a router table. I think i'm building mine 42 inches tall.....36 inches wide....22 inches deep....

its going to have cabinets and drawers for bits underneath.......and integrated dust collection in it. I'm happy to post up plans for it once I get a little further along.......

·
John
3,028 Posts
I need to make a new router table and I want to make a realy nice one. I learned from my old router table that I need a better router than my craftsman router and I need a better fence. I need some ideas on a good design.
When I sat down to work out what I wanted in a router table, I made a detailed list of what I liked and, especially, what I didn't like about my old table. Once I had that put together, it was a fairly easy task to address each point as to whether it should be kept as is, modified some or scrapped and started fresh. I ended up going through the exercise twice to end up where I wanted to be on my third table. First table I bought so I would have a starting point. :smile:

·
Registered
914 Posts
When I sat down to work out what I wanted in a router table, I made a detailed list of what I liked and, especially, what I didn't like about my old table. Once I had that put together, it was a fairly easy task to address each point as to whether it should be kept as is, modified some or scrapped and started fresh. I ended up going through the exercise twice to end up where I wanted to be on my third table. First table I bought so I would have a starting point. :smile:
That's exactly what I did :smile: and this is what I ended up with...

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f2/router-table-build-pics-54980/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts