Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I suck at guessing but I want that board the sixth from the left or fourth from the right in the last picture lol:thumbsup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tommie Hockett said:
I suck at guessing but I want that board the sixth from the left or fourth from the right in the last picture lol:thumbsup:
Oh yes that is a pretty one isn't it?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for some reason my ipad posts my pictures sideways. Sorry about that.

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
DST said:
Back to the pile for some Maple pieces to accent the walnut.
A laminated handle for a mallet with multi axis turning.

(Oh btw I started a build thread on how I made your mallet)

I will follow this and have more guesses.

Are you doing a skate board for your boy?

Dave The Turning Cowboy

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DaveTTC said:
A laminated handle for a mallet with multi axis turning.

(Oh btw I started a build thread on how I made your mallet)

I will follow this and have more guesses.

Are you doing a skate board for your boy?

Dave The Turning Cowboy
I will definitely be reading that thread

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
used the mortise machine a lot. Some through mortises and some not. Some I drilled the bulk out first on a drill press. The mortise machine does fine on the walnut and I'm pretty happy with it but I figure I can save some wear on the chisel/bits by doing some drill press work.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It will take who knows how long to get this part replaced. the part that broke is what holds the lower blade guide in place

Attachments

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,385 Posts
used the mortise machine a lot. Some through mortises and some not. Some I drilled the bulk out first on a drill press. The mortise machine does fine on the walnut and I'm pretty happy with it but I figure I can save some wear on the chisel/bits by doing some drill press work.

Hmmmmm, an American using a drill that should only be available in Canada through a store called Canadian Tire. Thought I'd never see the day. :laughing: Either way, your build is going great. I'm not guessing, I'm just enjoying watching it. I would make one comment, and I don't mean to criticize, but you should really get some safety glasses on for the table saw work. You're scaring the crap out of me. You only have one set of eyes, don't risk them. Okay, I'll climb down off my soap box now and go back to lurking in your build thread.
Carry on.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hmmmmm, an American using a drill that should only be available in Canada through a store called Canadian Tire. Thought I'd never see the day. :laughing: Either way, your build is going great. I'm not guessing, I'm just enjoying watching it. I would make one comment, and I don't mean to criticize, but you should really get some safety glasses on for the table saw work. You're scaring the crap out of me. You only have one set of eyes, don't risk them. Okay, I'll climb down off my soap box now and go back to lurking in your build thread.
Carry on.
:thumbsup:
Kinda made me wonder too.lol Worked 8 years for that company.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts