Woodworking Talk banner

Build Thread: Flight of stairs with a turn

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  burkhome 
#1 ·
I will be starting this job tomorrow, I know this isn't the type of woodworking projects that are generally show cased so I thought it might be of interest to some!

Will post pics soon!

#7 ·
Definitely interested in seeing this. Maybe it is just me but I think stairs are pretty cool.

Silly side story, many years ago I was a jr. draftsperson for an architectural firm and one day we got a call about a staircase being built. Turns out the subs were constructing a beautifully designed spiral staircase. The problem is they figured it would be easier to construct the majority of the frame outside of the house. The contractor called the firm and complained about the fact that the stairs didn't fit through the door and they wanted to actually remove part of the roof to lower them into the house. Talk about a bunch of yahoos!

#8 ·
Unfortunately due to the building control regulator the work for the stairs is being put off because they haven't moved a structural beam so I'm not building the stairs yet. I'm renovating the entire property so I will make a new thread Nd come back to this in a months time.

Sorry dudes :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.