Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, a possible customer has requested a quote for what she is calling a buffet/sideboard type thing. 72" L x 18" D x 42" H. Her style is very easy, a lot of shaker elements and I don't see it being a difficult build.

One thing I am slightly concerned about is she would like 3 doors across the front with a drawer above each door. However she would like the cavity behind the 3 doors to be one long continuous cavity with no divider walls. How can I support the weight of the top and the drawers without taking away from her design?
Thanks, Andrew

·
Registered
42 Posts
If its a framed cabinet it wouldn't be a problem at those dimensions to just put a couple 1/2" ply supports running on edge from the hardback to the frame between the drawers and that would give you some extra places to throw in corner blocks to glue the countertop to. But depending on how you build your cabinets even that might not be needed.
What are you building it out of?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its a framed cabinet it wouldn't be a problem at those dimensions to just put a couple 1/2" ply supports running on edge from the hardback to the frame between the drawers and that would give you some extra places to throw in corner blocks to glue the countertop to. But depending on how you build your cabinets even that might not be needed.
What are you building it out of?
Poplar, they are going to paint it and want it done for less than I can do with maple so poplar it is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts