Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just got a new incra jig for my router table and used it to make this foyer table. I've used this combination of wood before in some gift boxes and it turned out nice so I tried it with a larger project. The apron has corner post dovetails and finger joints throughout. This is the first bigger project that I used my new compound miter saw on, I don't know how I ever built anything without it. I have some build pictures that I will post later when I get those together.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
I like it a lot but probably not for everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the the build pictures, these are from the legs. I pretreated the ends with a 1 to 1 glue to water mix per the recommendation from the guy at Rockler, and also used dowels. They turned out pretty strong. I just eye balled the center so they are not perfectly centered.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the rest, for the top glue up I did the same 1 to 1 glue and water pretreatment then used a flush trim bit to clean it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And finally the apron, I used the incra jig on my router table. I really like the jig, it makes joints pretty much effortlessly once you get the hang of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Great looking and unique table! Like the cool design and mix of wood. The dovetails look great and awesome finish. Great work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts