Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I ordered, received, and set up my new band saw. It is the GO555lanv anniversary model. Saved a $100 and the color isn't that bad. The 3/8 blade that came with it worked great but when I changed to a 1/8” blade, upper bearings adjusted good but the lower thrust bearing will not adjust to back of blade, it stops a easy 1/8" short. I didn't try to set the lower side bearings yet. The blade is tensioned and rides in the middle of the upper wheel but rides towards the front of the lower wheel. Any suggestions are appreciated, I will call tech support tomorrow and ask them.

·
where's my table saw?
27,868 Posts
adjust the tracking

Give the tracking adjustment a turn or two and see if you can walk the blade back into the thrust bearing. Personally, I would never use an 1/8" blade and IF I did I'd use the cool blocks, wooden guides or something other than the rollers.I don't know if there is a way to substitute different side guides...? :blink:

FYI Grizzly has "How to" Videos on different machines:
http://www.grizzly.com/videos/how-to

Reactions: sweensdv

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

thanks for the advice, I adjusted my tracking and brought the blade into the lower thrust bearing and everything works great.. thanks again, great forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
rf-80-shootingstar

Greetings all,
I ordered, received, and set up my new band saw. It is the GO555lanv anniversary model. Saved a $100 and the color isn't that bad. The 3/8 blade that came with it worked great but when I changed to a 1/8” blade, upper bearings adjusted good but the lower thrust bearing will not adjust to back of blade, it stops a easy 1/8" short. I didn't try to set the lower side bearings yet. The blade is tensioned and rides in the middle of the upper wheel but rides towards the front of the lower wheel. Any suggestions are appreciated, I will call tech support tomorrow and ask them.
Look for the adjustment to check wheels for paralell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts