Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some brace bits, preferably a set if possible. If anyone has some they'd like to sell or if you east coast garage sale guys come across any, let me know.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
I'm looking for some brace bits, preferably a set if possible. If anyone has some they'd like to sell or if you east coast garage sale guys come across any, let me know.
I have some including a variable. Also have a brace. Now the big question is where are they. I will try to find and get back to you.

George

·
7,222 Posts
I have a local flea market which may have what you are looking for, but I need to know more details.

Are you looking for various sizes of auger style bit with the tapered square ends?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly Dave. My dad sent me a couple of braces and and old egg beater drill but I don't have any bits for the braces.

·
7,222 Posts
Exactly Dave. My dad sent me a couple of braces and and old egg beater drill but I don't have any bits for the braces.
I will pay a visit tomorrow and advise of any such bits.

I looked in my drawer and only one bit with the tapered square drive, I did not measure the diameter. Sounds like you desire several bits.

I will see what is available.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I have this set and then some.

PM if interested.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Steve,

ForumRunner_20131109_132701.jpg

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
My account information ans your town and zip are what I redacted on the receipt.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I've been keeping an eye out for a set of bits for you. Tough to come by a good set at a good price. Found a set yesterday that weren't even worth sharpening. The hunt continues...

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for your efforts. Jharris has sent me a set so you can stop the search.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jharris, you need to empty out your messages. Check sent last week. Let me know if it doesn't get there this week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts