Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some 2 and 3" sanding pads with the hook and loop pads and also the adapter for the drill. Now what kind of drill do I need to get? I saw one on a powermatic video but I could not tell what kind it was. I've always just hand sanded on the lathe, so advise and pics would help alot.
Donny

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I use a cheap Black and Decker corded drill that I bought at a B&D outlet store for $14. Been beating that thing on the lathe for 3+ years now and no issues. I know some guys like the right angle drills from a comfort stand point, but I'm not gonna pay for one when the other works just fine.

·
Sydney, Australia
196 Posts
I use a cheap Black and Decker corded drill that I bought at a B&D outlet store for $14. Been beating that thing on the lathe for 3+ years now and no issues. I know some guys like the right angle drills from a comfort stand point, but I'm not gonna pay for one when the other works just fine.
Yep did the same, although I spent a lot more $19 :laughing: It also has been going for about three years, Save your money for good gouges etc.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I Use a $60 Dewalt regular drill. I used to buy the cheap Black and Decker but I burned them up about once a year. I stepped up to the Dewalt and it's been running great for about 5 years now.
The angle drills are nice as far as comfort but apparently don't hold up any better than my Dewalt and cost twice as much.
I have some air sanders but at the present time they eat up too much air and I can't run them for long. I have a bigger compressor now but won't get to hook it up until I run a new 220 line to the shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts