Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I've watched some videos on making bottle stoppers. Some turners just screw the stopper into the hole of the piece that they just turned. I've seen a couple that make threads in the hole and then screw in the stopper.
I would think that just screwing the stopper in the hole along with adding a drop of glue would be good enough....am I wrong???

Also, where would you find pretty good deals on purchasing SS stoppers....let's say a quantity of 10?

Thank you
Dick

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
If you use a bottle stopper chuck, your piece will allready be tapped and ready for the stopper to be threaded in. Some people glue them, some dont. I typically use a drop of epoxy on the threads before I put it together for a final time.

Best stoppers made by a long shot are the Ruth Niles stoppers. 100% SS and 100%% made in the USA. You wont find a nicer lady to deal with either. She also sells them for much less than most other places sells SS stoppers. I use her chuck as well. The one that taps the threads as you screw the block on.

http://nilesbottlestoppers.com/

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just received my Ruth Niles bottle stopper kit...The stoppers sure are nice...now i see why folks highly recommend these...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm for Ruth Niles also! Best quality and customer service anywhere. Hands down, the best SS you can find in a stopper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts