Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up one of these the other day and don't know why I've waited so long to buy one. For years I've had an old B&D jigsaw that was more work to run than it was worth. This Bosch cuts extremely smooth and never bound up even when cutting "S" shaps in red oak. The guides kinda remind you of a bandsaw, two guides on each side and a rear guide keeping the blade straight. It was probably the price stopping me all this time, but glad I finally spent the money, I am very impressed with it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bosch,excellent choice

B&D,poor soul,you must be in heaven now,i've used Bosch for over 20 years and never had a problem with them,i've used both styles,handle and barrel,i think i like the barrel more for control,but there both good saws.:clap:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'll be picking up one of those soon myself. I've been buying alot of Bosch tools lately. I sat in a mud hole one day blasting away with my Boshhammer, realizing how long Ive had this tool, how much Ive abused it, and how it never quits.

I just bought the new dewalt version of this jigsaw and was unhappy with it out of the box. Cuts hard, but the blade always seemed to jump out of its guide and bend. Then just last week the internal arm broke on the saw rendering it useless. I guess I could have gotten it fixed, but I find the loud bang it made against the side of the dumpster to be quite satisfying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Of all my DeWalt tools, that jigsaw is a POS!!!! Glad someone else agrees with me. Nice idea with the guide wheels behind the blade but like you, it jumps out of the slot and won't cut a straight line for five inches. Replaced mine with the $19.00 one with a laser from HF. For a cheap jigsaw, that is a cutting machine. Have never had a Bosch tool, will look at them more closely from now on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not to mention they have the best blades available,a nice assortment for all kinds of projects and there very sharp,you may pay more but there worth every penny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts