Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gazbofishing
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bosch 1200ae router and notice there is three holes with no thread and five with thread ,the latter also keeps the baseplate attached to the router.which set of holes is correct for attaching to a router plate, because I have to drill them regardless.

·
7,222 Posts
I have a Bosch 1200ae router and notice there is three holes with no thread and five with thread ,the latter also keeps the baseplate attached to the router.which set of holes is correct for attaching to a router plate, because I have to drill them regardless.
I think you answered your own question.

I would use the available 3 holes, unless for some reason you needed to remove the base plate, such as to get slightly more bit height when mounted in the table.

Try and get the router as centred in the router plate opening as possible.

·
Gazbofishing
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave Paine said:
I think you answered your own question.

I would use the available 3 holes, unless for some reason you needed to remove the base plate, such as to get slightly more bit height when mounted in the table.

Try and get the router as centred in the router plate opening as possible.
Thanks for answering mate I'd have to use nut and bolt type fixing with no thread available,I suppose I wondered what the holes were for really,because the chip guard will be in the way.obviously I could take that off.but thought someone will of fit this particular model.

·
John
3,028 Posts
I'd remove the baseplate and use the already threaded holes. 5 sounds like a little overkill though, 3 should be enough. By removing the plate you also gain the thickness of the plate in depth of cut. Sorry, I'm not really familiar with that model router though. :smile:

·
Gazbofishing
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jschaben said:
I'd remove the baseplate and use the already threaded holes. 5 sounds like a little overkill though, 3 should be enough. By removing the plate you also gain the thickness of the plate in depth of cut. Sorry, I'm not really familiar with that model router though. :smile:
I think I'll go with the 5 screws it will be stable and I will gain a bit more depth I suppose. But I'd love to know what the other three holes are for .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.