Myself and one other I know of.

What are you building?

Show me yours and I'll show you mine!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Welcome BTW.. Watch it, everyone here but me
is nutz!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Runner Welcome to the forum. While you are waiting on the rest of the "nut's" out here to respond, type in the word "boat" in the search box at the top of the page. There are a few boat builders here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The last boat I built well she looked good but as for floating that is a different matter. :-( I'm gonna miss her. Just teasing on that, would love to build a boat one of these days. When I find the time/money.

·
johnep
1,981 Posts
Way back in 1948 my father bought a wreck of a flat bottomed 14' dinghy of the beach as salvage. Cost all of $20.

We had to rebottom her as previous owner had forgotten to lift the centre plate and on settling into the mud the centre plate came up through the floor.

We used ordinary tongue and groove flooring and sealed with bitumen.

We then half decked her, but could not afford plywod so used a brand of weatherproof hardboard --Masonite. Never had any problems and eventually built a 6' tender out of this hardboard. In those days just after the war, film was hard to find and expensive so no pics to show you.

Masonite actually gave away plans for a boat.

johnep

·
johnep
1,981 Posts
Oh! forgot about our first homebuild in 1946. Was the British Scout Kayak made from oregon pine stringers on frames and canvas covered. Was 17' long by 2' 6" and when we fitted an out rigger and lee boards, went like the clappers under sail around Thames estuary.
johnep

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Runner, I've built several kayaks and will be ripping the deck off one to rebuild it this winter (hopefully). My first kayak was a stitch and glue (that's the one getting a new stripped deck this winter) and I've built a couple of skin on frames. I have a couple of pics of my S&G in my profile, I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Runner

Runner Welcome to the forum. While you are waiting on the rest of the "nut's" out here to respond, type in the word "boat" in the search box at the top of the page. There are a few boat builders here.
Thanks fpr a;; tje res[pmces to the runner..The Runner is in the process of changing locations from central Texas to far West Texas...but the interest in boats never goes away... Bb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts