Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is wrong forum for this but I also do some wood working and figured I would show you guys.

I built this 14 foot center console boat to primer and then sold it and new owner had it painted and the details. I also hand made the console for this too.

Someone just asked me to build a bigger boat but not sure if it will happen yet or if I want to talk on such a big commitment. There a ton of work to make.

Attachments

·
johnep
2,124 Posts
This is just the place for boat building and many excellent threads in the past. My father and I used Masonite hardboard to make a small dinghy. Cost very little to make and simple construction. We rowed, sailed and out boarded it for several years.

johnep

·
Registered
902 Posts
You're just in the right place. Thanks for sharing your work! That is some fine job. Masterfully made. Awesome boat!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The boat is built from marine plywood for planking and the frame of the boat is douglas fir. The whole boat is incased in fiberglass. I've got a tone of pics from the build. It's built upside down. It's also built just like the big Carolina sport fishing boats down south, love that flare.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
nice, I started a father son project to restore a 1968 Larson, as a side note that old foam in the the bottom really stinks. the project went well then it turned into a father project. the boat is now resting inside the breast of my pond. so I have to say your project turned out better than mine....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks will be last boat done for a while. Might build another for myself down the road but not right now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice job --

I've done three - two stitch and glue - one ply on frame. Stitch and glue pretty quick method, although I think it is limited to smaller boats.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great job. Makes me want to try and build a small boat, but I am trying to commit to finishing some of the many projects I have started before starting more.

Jim Bunton

1 - 16 of 16 Posts