Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Give me some more wood
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought two pieces of bloodwood from bell forest (my favorite wood):icon_cool:. one blank was for the neck and the other for the smaller parts. The body is walnut stained black.
Just used a shadow violin transducer stuck in the bridge and the jack mounted in the body. No wiring!

·
Give me some more wood
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
decided to use the left over bloodwood to make the body! so its all bloody. also the color is more natural than the previous pics

·
Give me some more wood
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I keep them! so far anyways. don't cost much to make depending on the wood of course. Cost me 20 bucks for two bloodwood 1.5x1.5x18 from bell forest. This is my best one so far, feels good when you play it. I think it would be cool if I could sell some one day, but I don't think I'm good enough to do that yet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's really cool. I like them a lot. How exactly do they work when you play them since it doesn't look like there's any type of resonating chamber?

·
Give me some more wood
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's really cool. I like them a lot. How exactly do they work when you play them since it doesn't look like there's any type of resonating chamber?
the transducer does all the work, really! I don't need need to buy an expensive violin pickup unless you don't want a cord showing. I just attached the transducer one day to an electric violin and it works!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts