Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one out there to advise how to treat/ remove black moulds with spots on NEW teak garden furniture? thanks now Duke

·
Registered
231 Posts
Are you sure its Teak? I have never heard of Teak getting mold but I do know some situations where people stained read oak and told folks it was teak. If you dont know wood you would never know the difference.

I got a picture frame with the arial photo of our farm from 1946 and I had a choice of Cherry, Walnut, or Oak. I told them Cherry.

When the picture got here they had framed it with "Cherry Stained" Oak.

Lets just say they got an ear full and funds were returned!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[bore da good morning in welsh] thanks for your advice i will try this over the hols ,and will let you know how i get on. [hwyl /goodbye], duke[ from uk south wales]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
black spots

Are you sure its Teak? I have never heard of Teak getting mold but I do know some situations where people stained read oak and told folks it was teak. If you dont know wood you would never know the difference.

I got a picture frame with the arial photo of our farm from 1946 and I had a choice of Cherry, Walnut, or Oak. I told them Cherry.

When the picture got here they had framed it with "Cherry Stained" Oak.

Lets just say they got an ear full and funds were returned!
[bore da, kirk ,good morning in welsh] i will look into this further, thanks for your advice [hwyl/ goodbye ] duke //uk south wales

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pressure wash.
Oxalic acid.

Then put outdoor deck preservative on it.
With out a coating on wood it will turn black/Grey and crack *see Old barns. It must be renewed often for the first yr, then its built up enough for occasional renew

The right chair center back slat has a removed nail from the log.
Thats what I do with those boards.
jim

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
black spots

Pressure wash.
Oxalic acid.

Then put outdoor deck preservative on it.
With out a coating on wood it will turn black/Grey and crack *see Old barns. It must be renewed often for the first yr, then its built up enough for occasional renew

The right chair center back slat has a removed nail from the log.
Thats what I do with those boards.
jim[/quote

thanks Jim i will try this idea ASAP , I WILL LET YOU KNOW MY RESULTS ,ta now Duke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts