Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is real newbie question. So I apologize in advance. I have an old 1/2 horsepower Black & Decker router (model 7612 type 1) which I want to mount into a Black & Decker router table (model 76-401). I can't find my manual and can't figure out how to mount it. Most of the discussions on this forum deal with routers which are screwed to a base plate on the table. It does not appear that this router and table work that way. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows where I can get a user's manual for the router and table, that would be appreciated.:eek:

·
where's my table saw?
29,921 Posts
hard to give any advice without a photo

Is it like this?

·
Registered
572 Posts
it looks like it uses "router clamps" on the underside to hold the router base in place. Look up replacement parts and you will see a diagram that shows one clamp. I suspect you will need 3 or 4. Probably not that hard to fabricate if they are missing from yours

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Router Table Manual

Thanks for all your replies and I have considered all your suggestions. Even though I am not missing any parts, I looked up parts to see if I could find a diagram that would tell me how to use the clamps to hold the router to the table. I also looked at the table at Harbor Freight. I'm not sure my router would work for that table. What I really need is a manual for the table or a video showing how to attach the router to the table. Any help with this would be appreciated. Also, below is a picture of the table

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Thanks for all your replies and I have considered all your suggestions. Even though I am not missing any parts, I looked up parts to see if I could find a diagram that would tell me how to use the clamps to hold the router to the table. I also looked at the table at Harbor Freight. I'm not sure my router would work for that table. What I really need is a manual for the table or a video showing how to attach the router to the table. Any help with this would be appreciated. Also, below is a picture of the table
The diagram I linked to shows the bolt, wing nut and clamp (#18) that is used to literally clamp the router base to the underside of the table. Usually takes three of these. That is the way my router mounts to the underside of my Grizzly 1023 RLW table saw router extension table.

The Harbor Freight table I linked to includes the router. Mine was hard wired s it was dedicated to the table use only.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Edit: It may be too close up to get a good idea, but I added a picture of the router base attached to my table saw. That clamp thing (your part #18) is what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hmmm, have you turned your router table over and looked at the underside of the table top? You should see the clamps. If you aren't missing any parts, they should be there. Should be pretty obvious. Otherwise, you will see holes where they should go.

MT, I have the same saw and have yet to use the router wing. Not a big fan of the clamp approach.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same table and cannot for the life of me find replacement clamps. Any suggestions on where I could find this or similar? Or even key words that I could use to narrow my search? I tried looking by part no but all seem to be discontinued. Also no luck on ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.