Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where I can find one of these, or have one they recommend? I cannot seem to locate one. I have a brand new Dewalt DW 618 router. So it would need to fit that. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
where's my table saw?
28,556 Posts
the issue is "walking"

The biscuit joiner cutter enters the work by registering the platform against the piece to stabilize it. A router also has a base, but it mist not tip in the process or your slot will get too wide. Finally, the router will tend to walk in the direction of the rotation and the slot will become elongated. The slot cutters are a certain radius and thickness that may or may not suit the size and thickness of the biscuits commercially available.

The base on my joiner has little spikes or prongs that can protrude into the work to keep it from walking when the cutter is pushed into the work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The biscuit joiner cutter enters the work by registering the platform against the piece to stabilize it. A router also has a base, but it mist not tip in the process or your slot will get too wide. Finally, the router will tend to walk in the direction of the rotation and the slot will become elongated. The slot cutters are a certain radius and thickness that may or may not suit the size and thickness of the biscuits commercially available.

The base on my joiner has little spikes or prongs that can protrude into the work to keep it from walking when the cutter is pushed into the work.
Thanks... Issue aside, know where I can find one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts