Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a few cants of boxelder from Texas Timbers. ;) ;) ;) Them things are heavy,,,so heavy I had to resort to this setup to get one cut into bowl blanks....:yes: :yes: :yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Whoa! My in-house labor (wife) might complain a bit about helping me move that if it got delivered to my front door.
But what a nice piece.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed you are just gonna slide in under the wire on that throat depth. Guess you'll be needin a new bigger bandsaw soon. Dernit. ;)

Actually I had about another 1 1/2" ta go.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't worry those hook marks turn right out. I got about 6 bowls all rough turned up in the shed drying...I mean frozen solid....it's a high of 6* here today....Saturday is a high of -2* or so they say..... Those bowls will thaw by March and then maybe dry enough to turn by June...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow buddy, I hear the bus backing up over me....

Really, as my wife says, I don't need any help getting myself into trouble...

I finally got some time and put the ceiling in the re-saw building. Just need the insulated garage door on the front and I'll be ready to start the electrical and baseboard. I may actually have a functioning shop if I'm not careful!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JP I don't know about you but I think he has had enough time to show us something, but I don't want to bug him so I'll let you say something. :shifty: :whistling2:
I'll have you know that between starting to move out of the house for remodeling and an addition....Making a cherry dining room table for an anniversary in April that I had to saw, dry, plane and try to straighten boards for that were of "less than select value" but sentimental so none of that matters, building a shed for the dust collector and compressor, either plowing snow or thawing pipes every other day and trying to pay some attention to Jill.......I have in fact turned 4 pieces of BE that are in paper bags or soaking in Palmolive and will be ready for finish turning sometime next month.....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I also turned a couple of pieces of that fine cedar that Joasis sent me...;) ;) ;)

I was even gonna saw up the other cant that had ring shake into boards the other day, but -1* and a 20 mph wind out of the NW told me ...."Go watch the Pro Bowl".......;) ;)

Patients is a virtue........:yes: :yes: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And right now...I'm gonna go down in the shop and put together Jill's 16-32 Performax. I want to make sure it works okay before I give it to her for Valentines Day....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got those signs from the county. They were brand new, but did not have the new required reflective material in them. A friend who works there called me and told me they had just hit the dumpster...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They're made 'otta some pretty good plywood...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Burlkraft,

I'm super impressed, I have almost the same band saw and what your doing there scares me. My kahunas aren't big enough. Surely you would have to have a heat issue also.:eek:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
;)
Wondering what a log like that costs a guy . . . .
Depends on who the guy is. :laughing:

. . . . . and did you sell that to him Texas Timbers?
He would say that I did in fact sell it to him. From my perspecitve I gave it to him. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just jesting of course. A fair deal was struck and everyone was happy. I would like to give them away Mitch but I don't know how I would afford to stay in business. ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Burlkraft,

I'm super impressed, I have almost the same band saw and what your doing there scares me. My kahunas aren't big enough. Surely you would have to have a heat issue also.:eek:
Deyyrck,

We don't have much heat in Wisconsin this time of year....I have no idea what you are referring to....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I guess once you have a sawmill stuff like this just doesn't bother you...

TT...A chainsaw..???? After what I paid for this wood I can't be wasting any of it with a big 'ol chainsaw kerf....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I do have big kahunas tho.......:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts