Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Very nice

May I ask where you get a navigator kit? I did a gentleman's artisan from craft supply but unfortunately the cap does not fit on the back of the pen. I like the look of the navigator and the fact that the cap has a home while using the pen

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice

May I ask where you get a navigator kit? I did a gentleman's artisan from craft supply but unfortunately the cap does not fit on the back of the pen. I like the look of the navigator and the fact that the cap has a home while using the pen
I got it at woodcraft but rusdemka told me penn state sells one just like it but cheaper

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Pretty great. Thanks for sharing. Can I ask where is a good place to get the authentic olive wood with the certificates? I'd like to get some for some presents I'd like to make. Thanks.

Mark

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty great. Thanks for sharing. Can I ask where is a good place to get the authentic olive wood with the certificates? I'd like to get some for some presents I'd like to make. Thanks.

Mark
there was a guy at WB selling them last week and i got 10 blanks but only 1 certificate
Woodcraft also sells them but they are high

·
Registered
134 Posts
guglipm63 said:
Very nice

The gentleman's pen from csusa does not allow the cap to post on the end, because of its size. The jr gentleman's pen comes in two styles, non postable like the gentleman's pen, and postable, like the Navigator pen seen here.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
You made a couple of really good choices in this pen:

1) the kit works very well with the wood -- and gold adds warmth (silver/chrome would not have worked as well IMO)

2) the semi-gloss (or satin) finish -- lets the wood "glow from within", very nice effect with this straight-figured wood. I like high-gloss for burls, satin for wood with fewer small details where you're trying to bring out the "depth" of the figure.

Add to this your good craftsmanship ... looks great :thumbsup:

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You made a couple of really good choices in this pen:

1) the kit works very well with the wood -- and gold adds warmth (silver/chrome would not have worked as well IMO)

2) the semi-gloss (or satin) finish -- lets the wood "glow from within", very nice effect with this straight-figured wood. I like high-gloss for burls, satin for wood with fewer small details where you're trying to bring out the "depth" of the figure.

Add to this your good craftsmanship ... looks great :thumbsup:
Thats what i have been waiting on
Thanks a bunch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts