Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys......So whats the best router table fence out there for under 200 bucks? And......Why?

·
(clever wood pun here)
979 Posts
I love my Incra LS 17 Super System, but it is well north of $200. If I hadn't gotten a deal on this fence system, the Freud SH-5 was my next contender. I don't have any first hand information on usage, but it has some desirable features such as a split fence design and micro adjusters. Realistically, if you have enough precision tools in your shop, you ought to be able to just build a fence that is both accurate and useful for that money. Here is a thread I started when I was trying to decide what fence to build/buy that has lots of photos and opinions :thumbsup: : http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f27/router-table-fence-roundup-44715/

·
Registered
12,945 Posts
Router table fences do not have to have the accuracy of a table saw fence. Frequently a home made fence is the best one out there.

George

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I use my SH-5 more than my Rockler fence.

I like the micro-adjust feature. This feature is a must if you don't have a jointer but it serves well for all RT operations.

A shop built fence with a store bought or accurate shop built micro- adjust mechanism will serve just as well.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
Heck fire, I use a straight 2x4 and a couple of harbor freight F-clamps. If I felt that I needed something fancier, I'd probably make one that suits my needs. I am what one might call frugal. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts