Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I know it's just a pencil, and for a long time I've used what ever pencils were around. However....these really do live up to their adage of the best pencils on earth. Clean sharpening....crisp lines....better quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree totally. I know for a lot of people it doesn't matter, but I only use the Dixon Ticonderogas or the Black Warrior pencils and I usually have to order them online.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Those have been around since I was in first grade (1948) and are still as good as ever. I keep both #3 and #4 in the shop at all times. I still have a small office supply in town that has them. The big box stores only have their crappy house brands and only #2.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joeb41 said:
Those have been around since I was in first grade (1948) and are still as good as ever. I keep both #3 and #4 in the shop at all times. I still have a small office supply in town that has them. The big box stores only have their crappy house brands and only #2.
I was specifically referring to the Dixon Ticonderoga brand of pencils....much better quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree they are the best hands down. This reminds me I need to make a trip to the store cause I just used the last one in the package.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joeb41 said:
So was I referring to Dixon Ticonderoga, the adult version, not the beginners.
I was unaware they've been around that long...that's cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts