Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
7,222 Posts
+1 with Sawdustfactory. Colt Maxi-Cut are presently the best on the market.

In addition to Craft Supply, also available at Packard Woodworks and Lee Valley.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=62137&cat=1,180,42240

They have a Morse taper adapter so you can use these directly in the tailstock without a drill chuck.

I like the design of the extensions, they just twist to connect. Two wrenches to separate.

·
7,222 Posts
The option to use a bit with a morse taper seems like it would make bit changes a breeze. So much so, it would be nice to have an adapter for each bit. At $43 per adapter, that could add up pertty quickly. Has anyone ever seen forstner bits with the morse taper "built in"?
It is so easy to remove a bit with the Colt-MaxiCut Rotostop design, just two wrenches. I would not worry about bit changes. I find it to be faster with the wrenches than the tommy bar.

I do not expect individual Forstner bits with the morse taper. Too expensive to manufacture, need inventory for each MT size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.