Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago, I assembled a nice set of Freud Forstner bits. They work well, and lately I've been using the 7/8", 1-1/16", 1-1/2" and 1-3/4" sizes while making pepper mills. The pepper mill holes include deep drilling in endgrain and I can now tell that these sizes are becoming disproportionately dull compared to the rest of the set. I'm considering getting those four sizes and dedicating them for mill use. What are my best choices given the task at hand? Should I be considering carbide?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The option to use a bit with a morse taper seems like it would make bit changes a breeze. So much so, it would be nice to have an adapter for each bit. At $43 per adapter, that could add up pertty quickly. Has anyone ever seen forstner bits with the morse taper "built in"?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.