Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a Dado stack to replace my old one. I am not ready to spend more than $100. What are the recommendations?

·
where's my table saw?
27,912 Posts
Reactions: bigcouger

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
This has been discussed many times. IMO and many others opinions, the best one for under 100 bucks is the Delta/DeWalt stack. I did a review of that stack in the review section of the board if you wanna dig it up.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
IME the Delta/DW 7670 is the best performing of the sets in the $100 range. I've owned the Freud 208 and the 7670, and the 7670 simply leaves a cleaner cut, plus has a really nice case and excellent shim stock. It gives a taste of the best sets at close to half the price. The best set overall that I've used is the Infinity Dadonator.

Here's a comparison cut between the Oshlun and the 7670:

Oshlun:

7670:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy you gave me a lot to think about. For George C I want the best I can get for around $100. I know there are several at $199 to $299 that are fantastic but I am not making large amounts of furniture. I have to balance my fixed income with what I can do so that limits some purchases. If I had the money I would go for the big dollars units.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchsed the Dewalt set.the case made the difference and the four prong inside cutters wold seem tobemore balanced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts