·
where's my table saw?
28,163 Posts
seems as if others have also ....

OP is "no longer here" or banned.:huh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The biggest problem is people trying the same thing over and over and claiming breakthroughs. If they are going to beat this and prove otherwise. Those who chase this idea will have to try something new.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It will work IF AND ONLY IF you have friction-less bearings and zero viscosity water and air.

Sorry, guy, you can build the thing, but it just won't work. Even if you spin it to get it moving, it will stop just as soon as losses - even the losses a small as the air resistance, assuming friction-less bearings, dissipate the initial energy input

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you can get it launched into space, deep space, then you may get closer to your dream. Also it will be a very quiet piece of work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No, it WON'T work in deep space: as described, the device needs a gravity field in order to operate. In deep space the gravity gradient (gravity "field") is non-existent, so it won't work even then.

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
It will work IF AND ONLY IF you have friction-less bearings and zero viscosity water and air.

Sorry, guy, you can build the thing, but it just won't work. Even if you spin it to get it moving, it will stop just as soon as losses - even the losses a small as the air resistance, assuming friction-less bearings, dissipate the initial energy input
You nailed it.

It will take a major revision of the laws of physics to get a perpetual motion machine to work.

However, he can have fun building it without expecting it to work.

George

·
Registered
121 Posts
No, it WON'T work in deep space: as described, the device needs a gravity field in order to operate. In deep space the gravity gradient (gravity "field") is non-existent, so it won't work even then.
You took me too seriously. I was hoping that he would take the next trip out of "town" as in space.
I'm a mathematics grad and physics major and this guy deserves no opinion from me. Poppycock it is.

·
where's my table saw?
28,163 Posts
I know nothing ....

Why couldn't you make a device that uses the incoming and outgoing tides to harness the power to generate power. Kinda would be free and "green"...

·
where's my table saw?
28,163 Posts
that's because ....

Only you and I are paying attention and know what happened. LOL. :yes:

Reactions: mengtian

·
where's my table saw?
28,163 Posts
Hello?

Wrong Bill. I've been paying attention in the background as well. :yes:
For a quiet guy, you don't say much....... a Canadian scroll saw genius, lurking in the background... great! :smile:

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,409 Posts
For a quiet guy, you don't say much....... a Canadian scroll saw genius, lurking in the background... great! :smile:
There wasn't much to say really. I was kind of enjoying his thread. Although I didn't have faith in it ever working, I was interested to see what he came up with. Then, out of the blue, things got ugly with other posts in other threads. Quite strange how it all went down. I just didn't see the point in jumping in with all kinds of negativity. It wasn't going to solve anything and I don't think it was going to discourage the OP. Even if his idea never did a darn thing, there might have been something to learn from it. A technique. A jig or fixture. Something. Who knows. Either way, this Canadian was sitting quietly in the sidelines watching the show and then, without warning............the show was cut from the airwaves.

·
where's my table saw?
28,163 Posts
I would post the thread but....

What was the final straw in getting him banned? He came across wrong, but pretty sure he meant no harm.

The thread that got him banned was deleted. He went into some bizzaire rant about a web stalker from another forum and named him and his location. This was not allowed and he was reported and banned as a result. He was on a personal agenda which is not appropriate for a public forum... a bit of a weirdo in my opinion. He then reappeared using a different user name and was also reported and that probably got him banned also. He has been banned from numerous other forums as well.
This thread, regarding the perpetual Motion Machine seem harmless although a bit ...... Off Topic, if you know what I mean.:blink:

Reactions: BigJim
21 - 40 of 46 Posts