Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Overconfidant Rookie
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to have a link to a diagram or photo of a bench plane with the major parts labeled? Google Images has a few that look good as thumbnails, but they refuse to open up full size.

My wife is a teacher and she's taking one of my Baileys (blade removed!) in to show the kids for a history thing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just right click the image and save image as.
Would post the image but there are certain copyright laws I would break.

·
Overconfidant Rookie
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dave! Have not seen that site before. More than enough info for the lady, and now I have a resource for Records.

Side note: I love reading advertising copy for old tools. People just don't talk like that any more and it's fascinating to see.

·
7,222 Posts
Thanks Dave! Have not seen that site before. More than enough info for the lady, and now I have a resource for Records.

Side note: I love reading advertising copy for old tools. People just don't talk like that any more and it's fascinating to see.
Happy to help. A good site. Even better if this helps a teacher explain the bench planes to some school children. Who knows, perhaps one may become a future woodworker. :thumbsup:

·
Overconfidant Rookie
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I was tricked. She didnt take the plane to school, she took it to a cake shop! I'm seriously impressed. Full blade assembly and lateral adjuster! All edible.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is seriously cool.

They just don't make totes like that anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts