Woodworking Talk banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
You need to pick up a trash day curbside Shop Vac,take it home,fix it and plumb a whole shop light clean up system. Notice the hose hanging on the left side of my bench there is another one hanging in another area plugged with pull out stopper. I also have two separate three way on off light switches placed strategically to power it. The vac is tucked away in the bottom of my table saw cabinet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, don’t need any junk vacs. I have a vac for my sander & general cleanup, & a dust collector for the rest. That’s enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
One-nail solution. Two options:
(1) take a sufficiently long nail (say 2'' or 2.5'' long), cut off its head and file it down to make a second sharp end; using hammer, make a "pi"-gate-like shape (both sharp ends, 1/2' each, sticking away from the long part under right angle), and then slam those ends all the way into the wood at the points next to your dog-hole UNDER the table surface. Your bench-dog would stop at that nail's longer part. No accumulated wood-shaves in your dog-hole. If you need to remove that nail-stop, simply use a screwdriver as a lever to pull that nail-stop out.

(2) even simpler: take a nail (no head-cutting) and slam it down into the bottom of your bench next to your dog-hole until about 1/2" is left. Then hammer it side-wise to have its head positioned at about the center of the hole. That's it. Again, no accumulated wood-shaves, no problems whatsoever....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts