Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've been gone for a while but have been busy. This project is one I did in Platte City Missouri this fall. I know it's not fine carpentry but I don't always do fine carpentry.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Looks great!

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
It looks like some pretty fine carpentry to me! That's MUCH better looking than what they had before. And what an improvement on the stairs situation.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments. Originally they contacted me and just wanted to replace the support post, install new railing and "do something with the stairs". They were literally at a 45 degree angle and rickety. I knew I could improve on the deck greatly but had to sell it so I made an appointment, drove the 3 1/2 hours to their house and pitched my ideas. They loved them but didn't know if it would be in their budget. I went home, figured my material, labor, food and motel and gave them my bid and the rest is history.

He's a retired painter and is finishing it. He had planned on having it done before winter set in but I contacted him this week to see how things were going and he informed me that he had the flooring stained but didn't get to the railing. He's going to finish it in the spring and send pictures.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wow! Great job. I imagine that your work increased the value of the property many times the cost of having it done. And it visibly improved the overall appearance of the house and certainly its utility and livability. Ralph

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Dave,

That's great work. I love that country style, but my wife jog so much. The next time your working West of Springfield let me know. We'll have to grab a cup of coffee or something.

Mark

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow! What a great transformation! Very beautiful work on the stairs, rails and balcony. Look really sturdy and perfect with the gorgeous log house. Excellent work!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts