Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in the restaurant that I built the heavy duty shelf for. They wanted to get rid of the formica in a few spots and make it more rustic. I've still got some more work to do but this is the progress so far. I'm working this job in between some floors that I had on the books.

The name in the tops is actually branded in. I had never done this before and the owner had the idea and supplied the brands. I was very pleased with how it turned out. I branded them pretty deep, then sanded the top some with a ROS to get rid of the scorching around the letters. Then applied the epoxy finish.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A plate of bb ribs are going to look real nice on that new counter,nice job i like it.So much better then that crappy laminate.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Very nice. I like the brands a lot!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a lumber yard about 50 miles from my house that sells them along with heavy timbers and different log sidings as well as the flooring I use. They also carry 1x stock along with car siding, channel siding and the log railings I use. They mainly cater to the person wanting to build a rustic house that looks like a log home without the trouble of a log home.

I buy the slabs for $22.00 a linear foot and they average 26" wide.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The only problem is that... the football helmet is missing in the new pictures. :laughing:

Outside of that... Fantastic Job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Well, that restaurant just improved exponentially, in looks at least. That is some quality looking work Dave.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The project pictures by themselves are impressive, but the before and after comparison makes it that much better. Huge improvement!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Very sweet, Looks awesome great before and after photos. It really updates and makes the rustic look. Good job!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts