Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still working on my "me" room. It's not a man cave by any means, but it's where my guitars, amps, etc will be and I can go and listen to music, relax and...

pour a beer or 12.

I started this room with this thread and I can continue it now with the keezer (kegerator in a freezer) build.

I'll take pics of the inside and how I did everything soon enough, but for now, here are the finished pics. It's an 11CF commercial freezer that I have an external temperature controller operating at 38 degrees. There are two computer fans circulating air into a foam filled channel that keeps the coffin on top (and the beer lines inside along with the faucets) cold, preventing the first draw from being foam every time. I'll be building cabinets on either side soon. On the left with be my cabinet humidor, on the right will be my wife's wine fridge and rack. Much more to come.

[

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Mmmmm Yuengling!!! Nice build!:thumbsup:

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
MMMMmmmmmmm......BEEEEeeeeerrrrrrrr

On a side note, that's freakin sweet!!!! I had a kegerator when I lived in CO & I miss it. Unlike your spectacular project, mine only held one pony keg.

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
That's some fine workmanship there Taylor.
All you need for the bar is this sign.
Saw this in a bathroom at a restaurant tonight.
Thought it would be appropriate. Lol

image-3261332228.jpg

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Yeah, I had one before that was a single tapper. If you look at the link in the first post to my cabinet project, the second photo shows the old, 7CF freezer kegerator I made. It was just a single tower, though, nothing fancy. This one is far more refined, ha.

I wanted to rout out the space where the aluminum tiles would lay, but I was trying to leave it so the drip tray in the middle would be as level as possible. Unfortunately, the tray is 1" in height and I don't have a lot of room underneath. In my next set of photos, I'll show how I built a 2" collar to go around the top so I could fit full sized kegs in with some additional room for the beer lines to breath.

The two computer fans, one pushing, the other pulling, operate more efficiently than I could have imagined. I need to go grab my IR thermometer and try to seal up any leaks I might have and I'll post more pics tonight.

Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts