Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
James Daschel
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been casting away on worthless wood. I have been borrowing my friends PP to get more done quicker. I still have about 20 more to cast. And I dont have 18 pictured because they are not cut up yet.

I just thought of the name for these kind of blanks. Rainb-url Let me know what you think of it? ? or ?

James

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
How do you cut it before casting? I want to cast a few but I cant decide how to cut them before. I mean do you just fill your mold with pieces of wood then fill the void with resin? Your blanks look pretty cool btw.

·
James Daschel
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blanks look good -- I've seen several of yours on eBay recently (I have no idea why they think I might be interested in buying pen blanks :laughing:)

What's the name?

Ebay does the same to me. It always pops up with cool blanks. (it knows my weakness for amboyna..;)

The name is in the title. Rainb-url.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The name is in the title. Rainb-url.
Couldn't see that anywhere (still can't, the thread title displays as "Been doing a little casting" on my screen ... oh well :huh:)

Anyway -- "Rainb-url" ... not bad, but I think I'd prefer it without the hyphen. Makes me think it has something to do with the internet (URL). "Rainburl" works for me.

·
James Daschel
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couldn't see that anywhere (still can't, the thread title displays as "Been doing a little casting" on my screen ... oh well :huh:)

Anyway -- "Rainb-url" ... not bad, but I think I'd prefer it without the hyphen. Makes me think it has something to do with the internet (URL). "Rainburl" works for me.
Woops my bad! I posted this on different forums with different names. Thanks for the input. always appreciated.
I put it in the original post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts