Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I DID NOT MAKE THIS TABLE
It was on display at a local high end lumber yard. I was told that the guy who makes them, takes half a day to tune his chop saw and set up the cuts. The finish is 2 part epoxy without a single bubble. I thought it was so beautiful that I though I would share it with the forum

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
WOW! The patience that must take.
I don't think I would have enough to stay with something like that.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Wow. I would love to hear the craftsman comment on how he concieved the idea. That's really impressive.

It's just straight lines, and as was mentioned, that is an exersize in patience for sure. But it is still impressive in the concept and execution. Wonder how many hours it takes and what he sells them for.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to return and try to talk to the guy who makes them. The Lumber yard is nearly all Amish and is the interior is nearly all Cherry. The floor is inlaid and features an inlaid 15 foot circle with their name on it. Their exotic wood dept is huge and some wood pieces you have to see to believe. Such as a Bubinga board that is 4 ft wide, 4" thick and 12 ft long...................$2000 if you are interested.

The pictures are only a small part of their operation

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
That is one beautiful table. That is also one deluxe beauty of a wood working supply store. It looks more like a really high end toy store.

Geery

1 - 9 of 9 Posts