Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just getting started
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a porter cable 7518 and a small washer fell into the motor. Should I be concerned about this? The washer was probably 1/16 thick by 3/8 diamter.

·
Hunter
240 Posts
I would think that there is potential to be a problem. Can you reverse the process and shake the washer out of the motor?

Hunter

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'd sure be trying everything I could to get it out.

·
Just getting started
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The router is mounted in my router table. I just didn't want to unhook it if I didn't have to. Oh well, I guess I have my next project.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The router is mounted in my router table. I just didn't want to unhook it if I didn't have to. Oh well, I guess I have my next project.
i would get out, it could get between the armature and coil and that would be it for the router , or it could have went to the bottom and not cause anything, like a crap shoot, get it out tho

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'd definitely have that thing upside down and be shaking it. I have a 7518 and often thought that dropping something down there would be a problem. Removing it should just be four screws so it shouldn't slow you down much.

Like Del said, if that washer jams between the case and the wrong moving part, that's the end of the router.

Bill

·
Just getting started
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I will take the advice and try to get it our.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts