Registered
445 Posts
It's looking real good Pete, the white paint
definately lightens the place up. I reckon
your gonna really enjoy working in there.:yes::thumbsup:

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
Looks great Pete....cpl more moves and you should consider becoming a shop design consultant?

"Danger Boy"......good one!BW

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
Good one Pete!

"Ahh,that was just a practice cut.....yeah,thats it...a practice cut",haha.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have all different heights of work benches. My regular work tables are approx 40", my table saw station that has a large outfeed / work table is 34" and my "finishing" table is 24".

Working in a basement shop with 87" ceilings it can be rather difficult building large cabs or furniture on taller tables, therefore using the shorter ones,(back breaker) becomes a must. But I find that I like using all different height tables for different projects. Plus when using the shorter table I find myself sitting alot more.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea Braves. My ceiling height is 88 inches. I'm thinking about doing a short rolling assmebly table.

The shortest I could go, using these cabinets as the base would be around 29.5 – 30 inches. Is it worth it? Am I trying to squeeze to much functionality in? Should I just push them all the way up to the window sill and go with another solution for a low assembly table?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would use them how they are. All my lower assembly table is, is a 2x4 frame with 3/4 cheapo plywood, as it will receive color from everything I paint/sand. When it gets really bad I unscrew it and flip it over... Generally a 4x8 sheet will last me a year. That's two flips each half. And my table is just a simple 4' x 4' table. 24" off the ground.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts