Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just got a bandsaw from a friend of mine and was wondering what the better brands of blades are? Thanks! ... It is a Jet 14"

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I like the Timberwolf, too, but some people have been complaining about the weld quality. Maybe it depends on who cut and welded the blade stock to length.

I just got a 1/2" Woodslicer but haven't tried it yet. The 2-3tpi 3/4" Timberwolf I have on my 14" Shop Fox resaws well.

As Crusader said, many other opinions to follow. Some folks like Olson, some like Lenox,....

Bill

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
supercut bandsaw blades work great for me

Reactions: del schisler

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Ill second supercut bandsaw blades.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorta on this subject, I noticed the Craftsman 14" band saw uses a 101.something" blade. The Grizzly uses a 93 1/2" blade. Just a quick look at Woodcraft showed 93 1/2" blades, but no 101.something" blades. Is the Grizzly a standard size, while the Craftsman isn't?

Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sorta on this subject, I noticed the Craftsman 14" band saw uses a 101.something" blade. The Grizzly uses a 93 1/2" blade. Just a quick look at Woodcraft showed 93 1/2" blades, but no 101.something" blades. Is the Grizzly a standard size, while the Craftsman isn't?

Thanks,
Harry
I'm confused with it. Probably the Woodcraft doesn't offer 101" blade.
Grizzly and craftsman saws may have different blade sizes. I can't tell which one is in standard or not.

·
where's my table saw?
30,405 Posts
Not mine

Thanks,
Harry
My 14" Craftsman Pro uses a 99 3/4" blade, but I just round up to 100 because there is a lot of adjustment and it can take up the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts