Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 240v 50Hz 750W 1400rpm motor of an Axminster 211530 (AWHBS350N) bandsaw. It appears that the motor will not start on its own however will run when I self-start it (move the spindle when powered up). I have done tonnes of research which keeps pinpointing the problem to two capacitors. I have replaced both capacitors however same fault is apparent. I have removed the brake and again no joy. When the start button is pressed the motor does is 'hum'.

I'm pulling my hair out, is their anyone who can help me to find a solution?

Scott.:eek:

·
7,222 Posts
I have a 240v 50Hz 750W 1400rpm motor of an Axminster 211530 (AWHBS350N) bandsaw. It appears that the motor will not start on its own however will run when I self-start it (move the spindle when powered up). I have done tonnes of research which keeps pinpointing the problem to two capacitors. I have replaced both capacitors however same fault is apparent. I have removed the brake and again no joy. When the start button is pressed the motor does is 'hum'.

Scott.:eek:
Please change your default font size. Many folks will find the message difficult to read, perhaps not able to read.

Sounds like the centrifugal switch. Take a look at this thread.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f12/repair-your-bandsaw-other-motor-crash-course-46405/

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I have a 240v 50Hz 750W 1400rpm motor of an Axminster 211530 (AWHBS350N) bandsaw. It appears that the motor will not start on its own however will run when I self-start it. (move the spindle when powered up). I have done tonnes of research which keeps pinpointing the problem to two capacitors. I have replaced both capacitors however same fault is apparent. I have removed the brake and again no joy. When the start button is pressed the motor does is 'hum'.

Now it is readable.

George

·
Registered
26,999 Posts
Where are you? I get the feeling the machine you have needs 240V on a single leg where we in the united states think of 240V as two 120V lines at 60hz. If you have the correct power supply then it sounds like the centrifugal switch is the problem like David suggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts