Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a novice at woodworking. I started this past year and I have a table top bandsaw I bought at an auction will try to post a picture of it. Every time I use it with the fence it came with the cuts never come out straight. The wood alway comes out thicker at one end that the other. And the blade came off and I don't know enough on how to put it back on. And with my ryobi 2 in 1 disc and belt sander from Home Depot and every time I sand something on the belt sander it doesn't sand evenly when I have it flat on there any suggestions on what I should do to fix this? Thanks.

·
Registered
996 Posts
You really should watch YouTube videos on the basic use and care of these tools. They'll work better and you'll be safer.

The band saw will have a blade tension adjustment knob. This will have to be loosened in order for the blade to be able to be slipped back on the wheels. Once you get it back on you have to tighten it back up to the correct tension. You might need a new blade.

Make sure the sanders tables are square to the sanding surface. If it's not the edges won't be perpendicular to each other.

·
Wood Tinkerer
58 Posts
Not sure how to link to another thread so bare with me. Search "help band saw". Should bring up a thread and on the first page there is a link to a YouTube video of Alex Snodgrass(?) installing and adjusting blades. I found it very helpful as a new band saw owner.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I tried loosening the that before and put it back ok. But didn't sound right I might get a new blade. I'll watch the YouTube videos and see i can't get them to work right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts