Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story: So we had some airline miles about to expire, so we spent about 2 hours last night trying to figure out the best way to redeem them for merchandise. We finally settled for a baby walker, clicked to order and got a nice little note saying we were not able to purchase any merchandise at this time. I called continental and they informed me i was not a premier member and didn't have a credit card with them so all i could do is get a newspaper or magazine subscription. And as much as I really want a subscription to people magazine :no: I told him it was more likely i'll let the miles expire and close my account. Then after he kept talking and talking i finally had to hang up.

Short story: so in reading reviews for the walker we wanted, i saw a person say "it was no Haba" walker. I looked up to see a "fancy" Haba (hopefully no one here is the founder of this company) walker and I feel like I'm missing something. What is so special about this product? Just seems a bit pricey to me.

Questions: I feel like this is not a tough build. Has anyone built something like this, or a ride along one? How do you handle making the wheels stiffer so they don't roll out from under the child? I noticed the Haba one does have adaptable brakes.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
That looks like a pretty straight forward project.

You might be able to use a threaded rod for an axle (with a protective cap on the exposed ends), nylon washers and nylon core lock nuts to tension the wheels.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm thinking I might incorporate some type of self powered electronics on to it to make some sounds or lights blink. Hopefully without making it tacky :)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Laughing! Go for tacky. Kids love tacky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts