Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My name is, Josh, and I got tricked into this whole woodworking thing by my brother. I was a manager at a car dealership and was tired of the ups and downs of the salesman life and I was about to propose to my then girlfriend (now she is my wife). My brother told me to move out to Albuquerque with him and "learn a trade" he says, "you won't ever have to worry about making a sale" he says, "you can move anywhere in the world and find work" he says... Well I guess to some degree he was right. :blink: But in all seriousness he did teach me a wonderful skill. Not to mention I LOVE what I do. Growing up in the country and working on a ranch early on bread a love of working with my hands. There is just something so rewarding about stepping back and looking at what you accomplished that day. I began installing cabinets and that progressed to Architectural Millwork. After doing this for a number of years I started building furniture and that's when I knew I was hooked. I now work for a custom cabinet shop in Austin and we specialize in Luxury Residential cabinetry and Custom furniture. Some days its hard for me to decide whether to thank my brother or hit him, but at the end of the day I always know that without that start I would still be chasing the next deal. God Bless and Have a great day!

Our web site is www.josephzambarano.com

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome!! From a little east of ya.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts